Home to America's original Mardi Gras that rolls through the streets of the historic downtown; dozens of festivals, art shows, or culinary cook-offs nearly every weekend, Mobile takes having fun pretty seriously
Mardi Gras, Mobile, Alabama
Bellingrath Gardens, Mobile
Mardi Gras Crown, Carnival Museum, Mobile
Mobile has a certain magic that keeps you on your toes. A melting pot of people, flavors, cultures and traditions become one voice to lead all of life's celebrations.
Funky, feisty, festive. Or historic, hip and happening. Colorful, cool and cultured. You can call this coastal town a lot of things when you have a vibrant 300 year history with lots of stories to tell and long-standing traditions celebrated on a regular basis. Once called the Paris of the South, Mobile has long been the cultural center of the Gulf Coast and you'll find an authentic experience found nowhere else in the southern United States.
Home to America's original Mardi Gras that rolls through the streets of the historic downtown; dozens of festivals, art shows, or culinary cook-offs nearly every weekend, Mobile takes having fun pretty seriously. If you're looking for a bit more leisurely experience, nearby historic neighborhoods lined with giant live oaks trees or a paddle in one of the most significant river delta systems in the country are just minutes from downtown.
Our top five things to do in Mobile:
- Experience living history at Mobile’s Fort Condé and Dauphin Island’s Fort Gaines.
- Make it a day of hiking, biking, swimming and more at Chickasabogue Park
- Have a picnic at Battleship Memorial Park after getting on board at the USS Alabama
- Check out for a beach day at Dauphin Island.
- Stroll 65 acres of floral beauty at Bellingrath Gardens and Home