This will be an outstanding hotel, offering many of the features of Superior Deluxe, though on a scale which will be a little less grand.
The Salamander is a fabulous 340 acre resort within the historic 18th century village of Middleburg, where unique shops, restaurants and a plethora of wineries can be found. The nation’s capital, Washington, DC, is just 40 miles away.
In keeping with the resort and its vast surroundings, all 168 guestrooms and suites are spacious and feature classically inspired furnishings and décor. Thoughtful touches include plush bedding and linens, flat screen televisions, mini-bars, iPod docking stations, marble bathrooms with thick terry-cloth bathrobes and an expansive walk out terrace or balcony overlooking either the Grand Lawn or the rolling Virginia countryside.
- Harrimans: locally inspired and sourced cuisine
- Gold Cup Wine Bar: small plates, local and international wines
- Indoor, outdoor and spa pools, splash zone and sundeck
- Salamander Spa
- Health Care Centre
- Fitness centre
- Golf privileges at Creighton Farms course
- Equestrian centre: horseback riding, carriage-rides and children’s riding
- Two tennis courts
- Treetop zip-lining
- Clay shooting
- Bicycle rentals
- Hiking and biking trails
- Wildlife activities
- Camp Salamander: kid’s club